Getting married is a monumental step for every person out there. It’s a day you won’t forget from the “I do’s” to the dance floor and everything in between. As great as the wedding day will be, there is one infamous pre-wedding event that every groom and bride can’t miss out on—the bachelor and bachelorette party. If you’re looking for a fun place to make the memories of a lifetime and have one last bonding moment with your best friends before the big day, we know just the city for you—Austin, TX.
So why choose to have you party in Austin?
1) Hike before you get hitched! Getting some good cardio in and working those muscles is a sure fire way to get your adrenaline pumping and your mind and body ready for the big day, and there is no better place to do that than in Austin. You can visit Barton Springs, a natural swimming hole, for a quick swim or go kayaking in downtown Austin with your friends. If you’re looking for some serious cardio before the big day, there is no way you can pass up the chance to hike in the Greenbelt. After a day in the outdoors in Austin, both your mind and body will feel ready to go for the big day.
2) Have a night out on the town! There is no way you haven’t heard of Austin’s night life. A night out on 6th Street will be one for the books... or may only end up being a few fragments from your memory. 6th Street is one of the most iconic streets in Austin, and it’s one of the major reasons for Austin’s famous reputation as the “Live Music Capital of the World.” Bars line the street and some even offer dollar shots. For all you music lovers out there, you will also find live music almost every night of the week at places like Maggie Mae’s and many more! There is no doubt that this is a great place to start or end the night.
3) Picture-perfect memories! Come on, it’s your last fun event with your closest friends before you’re officially hitched! Austin offers many great “picture-friendly” locations to capture your last hooray together. Snap a picture in front of the abundance of beautiful graffiti artwork that covers walls all around Austin or maybe swing by the HOPE Outdoor Gallery if you want to get a really good idea of what Austin’s talented graffiti artists have to offer. If you’re more of a natural, scenic background person, check out the 360 Bridge during the day or at sunset. Here in Austin, we don’t let memories fly by without a way to remember them.
4) Great food means a happy bride or groom-to-be! Many people who visit Austin can assure you that the city of Austin is synonymous with the words “great food!” Trust me, you’ll believe it when you try out Kerbey Lane Café (many customers highly recommend checking out the pancake special of the day!) or any food truck parks if you’re looking for more of a quick but delicious meal. You can also never go wrong with many locations on South Congress. Eat away to your heart’s content with all of your friends, and trust me, there will be PLENTY to eat!
5) Don’t worry, we didn’t forget the alcohol! There is no way you can have you party in Austin without visiting a brewery. Luckily, Austin has no shortage of specialty alcohol. For all you self-proclaimed wine connoisseurs, you have to check out the Apothecary Cafe and Wine Bar. For the advent beer lovers out there, a favorite local place for many is Hops & Grain where the tap room is open 7 days a week from 10AM to 10PM. We will not allow our renown wine and beer to go untasted here in Austin!